Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Nextep’s HR coordinators are the gears that keep our HR team going. They research and find answers to help clients navigate through HR tasks and stay compliant with new regulations. HR coordinators work closely with our internal teams, making this the perfect position for someone who loves communicating and working with people. If you’re task-focused, love finding answers, and thrive on helping people, this is the career for you!
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
- Provides direct human resources support to Nextep clients and Nextep HR team by providing guidance and resources, assisting with HR projects, conducting pre-employment screening and searches, etc.
- Monitors and updates clients and Nextep HR team of state and federal legal or legislative changes that pertain to our business or clients. Updates state law document monthly for clients to have the most up-to-date information. Coordinates labor poster orders.
- Audits department billing activity (background screening, drug screening, job postings, online training, etc.) for accuracy, bills clients for appropriate services, submits invoices to Accounting for payment.
- Monitors client FMLA eligibility and alerts HR Consultants if changes in client FMLA eligibility occur.
- Sets up clients with E-Verify, processes the required I-9s through E-Verify within the requested time frame to keep clients compliant.
- Provides guidance to clients for background checks, drug screens, and online training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some coursework in the area of human resources or business administration from an accredited program.
- One year related human resources support or customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.