Retirement Plan Coordinator
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Our retirement plan coordinators help our clients and their employees navigate the confusing world of 401(k) accounts. They are detail-oriented and love working with clients to answer their questions and put them on a path to a healthy retirement. If you’re a great communicator and have some 401(k) knowledge, we want to meet you!
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
- Provide support to benefits team by responding accurately, in a timely, professional, and courteous manner to incoming client, and client employee calls, emails and chats on a wide range of items, including but not limited to Nextep’s benefit offerings.
- Assist the Retirement Plan Manager and benefits team with the administration of the Nextep retirement plan. Responsible for the day to day activities and transactions related to monitoring eligibility, enrollment, participation changes, mergers/transfers of prior retirement plan assets, monthly and quarterly reconciliation and reporting, etc.
- Work closely with the Retirement Plan Manager and retirement plan carrier to prepare and conduct quarterly deferral compare, annual compliance audit, testing, and file preparation, address search/verification for return mail, customized client reports, etc.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Serve as a resource to plan consultant(s), plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters related to ERISA compliance, plan administration and governmental reporting
- Assist with preparation of plan documents (new plans, amendments, terminations)
- Maintain knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self-study and company-sponsored training sessions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two years’ certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training, preferred.
- ERISA experience in the retirement industry preferred
- Experience in financial institution or business environment preferred
- 1-2 years of demonstrated customer service experience working with a wide variety of people, exhibiting a high level of problem-solving skills and commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, and superior organizational skills.
- Results-oriented individual with professional appearance and actions.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.