Worker’s Compensation Underwriter
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Running a company is risky business, but Nextep’s risk management coordinators are here to help! Our risk management coordinators are analytical thinkers with strong attention to detail and the know-how to identify and minimize risk for Nextep and our employees. They work closely with our sales team to analyze risks for our clients and promote our workers’ compensation program. If you love diving into the details, working with people, and have risk-related experience, apply today!
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
- Initial claims process and reporting: Correspond with clients regarding their injured employee; determine proper first steps for the injured employee to seek medical treatment; ensure the injured employee submits to a post-accident drug screen; ensure injured employees obtain medical treatment. Report work-related injuries to workers’ compensation insurance carrier. Correspond with insurance carrier regarding claim.
- Ongoing claims management: Communicate with all parties involved as necessary regarding the status of the claim including clients, the injured employee, insurance carrier, attorneys, Nextep HR department, and others as needed. Consult with and guide clients through the claims process.
- Submits any medical or other bills relating to claims to the insurance carrier for processing and payment.
- Communicate client terminations to the insurance carrier to ensure former clients are removed from Nextep’s policy.
- Certificates of Insurance: Coordinates the issuance of workers’ compensation insurance certificates to new clients and to clients’ certificate holders.
- Coordinate with outside safety consultants to provide safety consultation to Nextep clients.
- Respond to miscellaneous client requests pertaining to workers’ compensation (reports, loss runs, etc.), safety services, drug screening, or other risk management services as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Risk Management preferred.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated customer service experience working with a wide variety of people, exhibiting a high level of problem-solving skills and commitment to quality and client satisfaction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in workers’ compensation claims and/or safety preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate in Claims (AIC) Certification to be obtained within two years of role designation.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.