Insurance Solutions Specialist
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
When a benefits problem needs solving or a question needs answering, our insurance solutions specialists jump right in. Our specialists work as Nextep’s benefits agency to find the best benefit solutions for each client. We are looking for someone with insurance industry experience who is solutions-oriented, an expert communicator, and a team player to join our growing team.
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
- Using expertise in benefit plans, analyze and market employee benefit programs, including management and coordination of the RFP process, work closely with clients to develop long-term benefit strategy, review carrier proposals, and make recommendations.
- Review contracts, amendments, and SPDs for accuracy and coverage, identify errors, and coordinate corrections with carriers, vendors, and affiliated partners.
- Provide claims, eligibility, billing, and plan administration support.
- Ensure client satisfaction and deliver an exceptional level of customer service in a professional and timely manner.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with employee benefit carriers, vendors, and affiliated partners.
- Coordinate and conduct client presentations including open enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, benefit strategy and planning, and renewal presentations.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the agency management systems (documents, emails, phone calls, contracts, systems, internal processes & procedures, etc.).
- Maintain a broad knowledge of benefit products, services, and carrier underwriting requirements to aid in consulting and advisement in the planning and meeting of business objectives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry legislative and compliance issues, including but not limited to ACA, AHCA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and/or projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two years certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in the insurance industry required and employee benefits experience preferred.
- Displays a high figure-it-out factor through a solutions-oriented approach to obstacles and resolving complex issues.
- Embraces change, excellent people skills, self-reliant, self-starter with high energy, and drive to succeed.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to work in a multi-task environment with a team-player attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
- Current life, health and property, and casualty insurance licenses required.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.