Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Payday is everyone’s favorite day! That’s why Nextep’s payroll specialists work closely with our clients making sure their payrolls are running smoothly. Our experts have excellent customer service skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are flexible and adaptable. If this sounds like you, and you want to join a great team of professionals, apply today!
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
Most of our payroll specialists start at $45-48K base pay. We also offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Our recruiters are happy to tell you more about our competitive pay and benefits!
- Processing a variety of documents related to employee hires, terminations, garnishments and levies, and various benefit entitlements.
- Coordinates with clients daily to obtain payroll data including salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions and to set schedules.
- Supports and assists clients in the administration of their payroll, including troubleshooting Nextep’s payroll system, web platform, timekeeping system and onboarding system as needed.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through quality service.
- Provides and recommends clients with reporting as needed.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Paid Time Off policies within Nextep’s payroll system and timekeeping system, in accordance with the policy outlined in their Nextep-provided handbook.
- Keeps abreast of changes and updates within the payroll processing system to be efficient in duties, to maximize use for client benefit and to be able to research and resolve client questions and system discrepancies.
- Advise clients on wage and tax laws as it pertains to the administration of payroll.
- Assists in development of overall payroll procedures by recommending improvements or changes when deemed necessary for greater efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with regard to all local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Supports the Payroll Team Lead with the implementation of any process changes or projects designated by the Payroll Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and/or Google Suite applications.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure and handle highly sensitive issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive employee issues in a highly confidential manner.
Nextep is extremely committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep and our services at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.