HR Compliance Specialist
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Nextep has four values that you’ll find in our employees and our clients: people, transparency, entrepreneurial spirit, and celebrating success. Our people are the core of our business, so we believe in lifting them up, celebrating their accomplishments, and hiring great coworkers for them. We know they are the cornerstone of creating a great experience for our clients, along with transparent communication and exceptional services. Every day and in all that we do, we strive to elevate the employment experience and enrich people’s lives.
- Uses available resources to remain abreast of and informed of human resources related laws, regulations, recommendations, etc. at the federal, state and local level in locations where Nextep has employees. Research applicability to Nextep clients. Develops a plan of action to inform and educate Nextep employees and affected clients.
- EEO-1 and other similar required governmental reporting.
- Handbook policy development. Responsible for coordinating regular legal review of Nextep base handbook. Reviews and updates state handbook supplements as needed.
- Ensures Nextep internal teams are informed of new laws and regulations pertaining to their role.
- Ensures Nextep systems are accurate and updated as needed to properly comply with federal, state and local laws.
- Performs regular audit of eVerify cases for completion and non-confirmation status.
- Manages and facilitates updates to employment and labor law posters for Nextep clients.
- Collaborate with other functional areas like benefits, payroll, and risk on compliance related matters. Facilitate compliance committee meetings.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of regulatory and compliance documents.
- Conducts regular compliance audits for clients including wage & hour, I-9 and other compliance related audits.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in Human Resources or related Business field) from four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of human resources compliance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or the Society for Human Resource Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) Certification to be obtained within one year of role designation. Maintains certification by participating in professional development sessions or seminars.
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.